Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

Literal 
  • Mentorship Log Link Here
  •  Contact:Adriana Solis                                                                                                                     Number: (909)643- 3791
    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
The most important thing I have gained from this experience is knowledge of how to style, cut, and dye hair. I have learned important techniques that I had not learned about in the many books I used for research. These techniques not only help do the job correctly, but they also help get the job done faster and easier for the stylist.  Apart from this, I also gained the social and communication skills I need out side of the salon in order to effectively interact with people. I no longer feel afraid or nervous to talk to others and speak my mind at certain times. I feel more comfortable meeting other people and speaking to them.
   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
 Since my mentor doesn't speak English very well, there were times when I had to interpret what she was trying to tell the client and vise versa. I had to learn what the salon terms meant in a different language in order to communicate efficiently with both parties. This way each of them knew what the other person was trying to say in order to find out what the client wanted. However, I also saw my mentor go through "interviews" with the client to figure out what they want, what length they want their hair, or even if they have had other dye jobs. This helped me see that when a stylist communicates well with the client, they are able to produce the style the client wants, therefore making the client satisfied and happy walking out of the salon. Communication answers my EQ, which is "How can a stylist best satisfy their clientele?"

No comments:

Post a Comment